By Bellerive Yacht Club
AT last, we have witnessed a “classic” winter series race.
Thirty-five yachts experienced fantastic racing and sailing in the Tilford Auto Group Winter Series Race 3.
A light katabatic northerly wind greeted Phil Grafton’s Alaska 45 committee boat as it moored to the Bellerive Yacht Club 1 buoy off Bellerive Beach.
Grant Sutton set excellent courses, skilfully allowing for the light-oscillating breeze and down-river current.
Not long after the races commenced the gradient northerly breeze took over and increased to around 10-15 knots, providing quality winter racing conditions.
The superb sailing was equally matched by the very congenial atmosphere onshore with our commodore and Hughie Lewis ably “driving” the barbecue.
Thank you to everyone who assisted in providing a very enjoyable winter Sunday.
Tilford Auto Group Winter Series Race 3 results:
- First place: “Magellan” Richard Grant and crew.
- Second place: “Madness” Gavin Adamson and crew.
- Third place: “Taspaints” Ian Stewart and crew.
- First place: “Trouble” Dave Willans and crew.
- Second place: “Temptation” Steve Harrison and crew.
- Third place: “Pyxis” Chris Hadrill and crew.
- First place: “Quebrada” Tim Maddock and crew.
- Second place: “Ragtime” Tom Kirkland and crew.
- Third place: “Kama” Don and Rod Cushion and Crew.